Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gustav

From Gustav
From Gustav

Well it hasn't been much of a labor day weekend for me as Hurricane Gustav has put a damper on everything.  I was tempted to head on up to Arkansas for some riding  but with Sarah not having a job and just spending 3 days in my truck a week ago I just felt like staying put.  Sarah wanted to evacuate as it was originally predicted to be a category 5 hurricane and I wanted to go because of the thought of being without power for a few days would be unbearable.  We waited it out though and only had brief flickers in power and lost our cable/internet for half a day.

From Gustav
I did however get a road ride in Saturday with the race team for a fast ride.  Its good to be riding in a group again I missed the speed of those rides and had a little trouble keeping up when they ramped up the speed to 28 mph.  The Sunday ride was not happening due to the hurricane so today I decided to get on the trainer and do a Spinerval DVD.  The iso squats were killing me at the end and I had problems finishing the last set.  Now I just have to get back into school mode and start doing my homework.

No comments: