Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oak Mountain

While on spring break I decided to head to Oak Mountain State Park with Peter, Philip and James for some mountain biking.  I had the MSGP coming up so I wasn't going to push it this trip but decided to bring the Rig since my next big mountain bike race is Syllamo.  Peter and I headed up Tuesday afternoon to camp do a quick ride Wednesday morning then head back.  James and Phillip were already in Hunstville so they just drove down in the morning to meet us.  I cooked up some breakfast burritos in the morning and go ready to ride.

From South East Mountain Biking

We got on the trail about nine and started on the North Trailhead where the fire road climb is.  This was the first time I had done any extended climbing on the Rig and it did a fairly good job even though I felt faster climbing it on the Merlin the last time I rode this trail.  We hit the bmx track for a while too which was a ton of fun especially when I locked out the fork.

No comments: