Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Encinitas, CA

I arrived from my flight from Anchorage on Saturday afternoon and was dead tired from the red eye.  I lucked out with my luggage as I wasn't charged the $125 for my bike instead they charged me the now normal $25 for 2 pieces of luggage.  The guy checking me in didn't notice it was oversized until after he had ran my credit card for the $25 so he let me go without paying the $125.  



When I finally got back to the house I tried taking a nap but couldn't as I'm not much of a napper.  The rest of the day was pretty much wasted though as I was too tired to do anything and couldn't fall asleep.  The next day after 12 hours of sleep that night was spent unpacking everything but my bike and doing errands.  



Tuesday I decided to head out on a little road ride to get a feel for my legs.  They were a little tired but not too bad so that night I decided to put my mountain bike together.  I gave it a shakedown today at La Costa putting in only 5 miles as we had a tasting at the French Gourmet.  Everything went fine except for a little play in my rear wheel.  Which I haven't had time to fully inspect yet.

No comments: