Thursday, August 7, 2008

Resurrection Trail

Today I went to pick up my bike from Eric as he was doing measurements for my new bike bags for a trip Im planning early next year.  After picking my bike up and checking out all his gear he uses for his crazy adventures I then headed down to Hope to hit up the Resurrection trail.  I wasn't in the mood for a big ride just wanted to take it easy and take in the sights.



I arrived at the trail around noon and started the uphill grind.  The trail has a slight incline with a few breaks but for the most part your climbing for 19 miles I suppose.  I stopped only 8 miles in at a creek to eat one of my sandwiches and just enjoy being in the mountains.  



I started back up after 45 minutes and started climbing again until about 2:30 when I decided to stop again for 30 minutes and then head back home for dinner.  The ride down was a blast and I actually spooked a black bear that was on the trail as I was coming down.  As soon as he saw me he bolted for the woods.



All in all it was a great day and probably my last mountain bike ride in Alaska this summer.  Hopefully I can make it back with my bike at some point and ride some of the trails that I didnt get to finish or do.

No comments: