Sunday, December 14, 2008

Comite Classic

From South East Mountain Biking

This Saturday I competed in the Comite Classic in Baton Rouge on the Comite Trail system.  I had originally planned on heading to North Carolina for some primo mountain biking but due to Sarah's illness I thought I would stay home and help her out.  I talked the Breaux brothers into joining me for their first XC race.  James rode in the beginner category and Philip rode with me in sport. 

The pictures dont really show it but the trail was pretty slick in spots due to all the snow, yes snow here in Louisiana.  I took a few spills in the first lap as my small block 8's werent the best tire choice for the conditions.  I lost quite a few places with my falls but I'm pretty sure I wasnt the only one having traction problems.  On my 3rd lap I had my rear wheel come out of the dropouts, as one of my falls had opened the quick release.  Im really disliking the Ellsworth qr skewers as they seem to have a problem staying shut.  I dont know what placed I finished as it wasnt near the podium and as of yet they have yet to post the results online.

No comments: