Thursday, July 3, 2008

Commuting

I started commuting today to school via the many bike paths that the state of Alaska provides.  The bike route goes all the way following along the Glen Highway.  The first section was unpaved at the Peter's Creek exit for a mile or two but then it switched to nice blacktop.  I don't have any other tires here except for my panaracers so I wasnt the fastest person on my commute.


According to my garmin it was a 28 mile trip into town from the house taking about 2 hours.  I had a little time to spare so I tooled around checking out the campus a little more but forgot to take pictures. 



After class I decided to head down to my Dad's work to catch a ride back home with him.  On the way back we witnessed an accident with the car in front of us and a car trying to make it across.  As soon as it happened the driver and passenger who weren't at fault jumped out and screaming obscenities at the other driver and yelling at them that they had four kids in the vehicle.  Yet the whole time we watched the parents never seemed to make sure there kids were alright. 

This weekend my Dad and I are talking about canoeing the Swanson River Trails.  It looks like a great time hopefully we can get everything together before the weekend.  If not I will probably just head out and try the trail Lost Lake on my mountain bike.

No comments: