Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bleeding Heart

Well today I called around to a few of the bike shops in town to see if any of them had a bleed kit in stock that I could buy and if not how much would they charge to bleed my new front brake.  None of them had any in stock and they all charged about $35 with a few day wait.  So I decided to resort to the internet to find one to buy, and what do you know the flea market that is ebay had one for $20 plus $5 shipping.  So with that taken care of I was off to go on a road ride.
Its much the same route that I have been taking since moving back to Encinitas.  Taking Levante Street to Rancho Sante Fe to Elfin Forest to Del Dios to the coast then up Birmingham and back home.  Its a fairly scenic ride but the offshore wind really slows you down in the direction I do it.  I think the next time I try this route I will have to try it counter clockwise.  Out of the 10 or so riders I saw all of them were doing it the opposite direction.

                       

No comments: