Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stopped Again

Today due to the heat wave that all of the southwest has been getting I decided to get out on the road bike and ride along the coast and once again try the famous Camp Pendleton ride again. I was hoping that the construction would be completed since the last time I tried this ride. Even though most of San Diego was getting blasted by the sun along the coast it was very foggy which the locals here call June gloom. This is what gives San Diego its mild temperatures that its famous for.



I was still hurting from my ride on the San Juan trails so I took this ride more as a active recovery ride and didnt push the pace too much. Kind of took in the sights as there were tons of girls in bikinis along the beach to look at. As I passed by the Oceanside pier the construction signs made it apparent that I would once again be unable to complete the ride. My legs were thanking me as they felt like lead trying to push my bike over 20. I sprinted on the bike a few times to get the illusion of a workout but was usually just tooling around. This will be my last ride until Alaska when I hope to get in one ride before my race.



Photos

No comments: