Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Ranch

I decided to head through Rancho Santa Fe today and hit up Del Dios Highway and climb up it, something I haven't done yet.  For you who don't know Rancho Santa Fe is the most upscaled community here in San Diego.  I believe at one point is was the richest neighborhood in the country but with the woes in the housing market here in San Diego Im sure it has taken a bit of a hit also.  You cant see many of the houses though as they are usually accompanied by a gate with many acres.

                      

On my ride I got a call from the lady handling the claim for my bike.  I had got a call from the culprit the other day but he didn't want to give me the insurance info for the car he was driving.  I guess though he was more friendly with the insurance companies and said he would get them the info in the next couple of days.  I have already paid out of my pocket all the money to fix my bike so hopefully I can get reimbursed soon.


Also on my way back on El Camino Real I was getting ready to take my left onto Garden View when a huge F-250 blew buy me to stop 50 yards ahead at the red light.  I sprinted to get there before the light turned green and what do you know he has his window rolled down.  I told him that he was suppose to give me at least 3 feet while passing.  All he had to say to me was that he saw me and not to worry about it.  I told him that I could feel his side view mirror come too close for comfort to which he replied ride faster.

Im getting excited about Alaska and reading this post on MTBR is not making it any easier.

No comments: