Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June Gloom

Today I decided to head out on the famous Camp Pendleton Ride from Swamis even with the weather being pretty bad with the infamous June gloom.  I had printed out the directions and taped them on my top tube as I have been doing for all my rides but didn't pay any real attention to them.  When I got down to the coast it had me confused and wondering where to go.  I called Sarah as a last resort even though she is very bad at giving directions.  I knew at some point I had to cross across the 5 but was unclear with the directions.  She wasn't very helpful and I ended up finding it out on my own.  On South Pacific I found that it was under construction and no allowing through traffic so I was unable to get to Harbor Drive and decided to turn around and head home.  On the way I decided to make it an active recovery ride and just spun my legs out.  One guy ended up passing me and I chased to stay with so as to push myself.  I still ended up with 40 miles so all was not lost.  When I got back home I was locked out as Sarah had left for work.  Her mom showed up 20 minutes later without a key either.  So we sat outside freezing waiting for her Dad to come and open the house.

                      

No comments: