Saturday, June 14, 2008

La Costa

The day started out with an appointment to see Levyland a house that Sarah and I are renting to have our wedding at.  We wanted to go over a few things as were starting to iron out some of the details of the wedding such as seating.  Since the day before we went talk to one caterer and they started to talk about our seating arrangements.  Were actually thinking of seating everyone in the driveway under the canopies of the trees with tables like below.

                      

Im still kinda of torn between spending all this money on the wedding and using it for something else.  Part of me says this is one of your most memorable parts of your life so why not have fun and having some extra cash in your pockets isn't what life is about.  The other part says that we should be using this on our first house together.  I think that at this point were both pretty excited about having a wedding.

After our trip to Levyland I headed over to El Camino bike shop so that they could slide my grips on using an air compressor and crimp my cables.  I had finished bleeding my brakes the other night so I was ready to get in some mountain biking.  They did it at no cost but I dont really like the vibe in there especially the vibe Jose puts off.  After that I rode my bike over to the La Costa Trailhead.  Its really a fun trail not very big (6 miles) but there are rumors of it connecting to Elfin Forest which would make it all that much better.  


The climbing wasn't too bad it just kept switchbacking all the way up Denk Mountain.  A few parts I dabbed and didn't clean it but was just happy to be on the bike.  At the top I ran into a nice lady who showed me around as most of the trails are intertwined.  She was a great rider and was actually doing a much better job on the downhills then I was, hopefully it was just me being rusty.  I bit it on both of the downhills, once by washing my tire out on some sand and the second was a OTB from a rock.  All in all it was great to be back on the Merlin riding some trails.

                      

No comments: