Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Orange Thief

 Since I was lazy in San Francisco playing GTA 3 I needed to get back on the bike to get ready for my 24 hour race in Alaska.  I decided to head out for a 65 mile road ride as my mountain bike is still in pieces after the accident.  I road out to Escondido via Elfin Forest and up too Lake Wohlford where I stopped for a snack and a restroom break.

                  

I had done this ride once before and knew that there are tons of orange groves along some of the roads.  Some of them are protected by chain linked fences and barbed wire but one was not.  I decided to stop and test one of the oranges 40 miles into my ride and it might of been the best orange I have ever tasted.

                  

All and all it was a great ride that had my legs burning at the end on this long false flat.  Its a great ride because you get out in the country with little traffic.  The climb up Lake Wohlford is a little dicey with traffic but a nice quad burner at about 10% grade for a couple miles.




No comments: