Sunday, June 8, 2008

Same Route New Way

Before I get to bored of the monotony of riding my same few routes that I have adopted from Swamis I decided to do go ahead and try them all in the reverse direction to change it up.  I started with the long route going through San Marcos first onto a nice climb on Old Castle Road thats not quite as bad as Lake Wohlford but taxing none the less.  On the way there I saw quite a few RAAM riders and there support vans.  I stopped at my usual spot up on top by Lake Wohlford where i chomped on some blueberry poptarts.

                    

I grabbed my usual orange but it wasn't as tasty as my first one, they never are.  The ride hurt much more then usual, don't know if it was harder this way but I liked the descending down Lake Wohlford instead of climbing it with all the traffic on that road.  The climb up Old Castle Road has more shoulder which is needed more climbing.

                      

No comments: